IM
Posted By
Inga_Morozoff
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I’m hoping that someone may be able to help with this annoying issue.

I use PSE3for all image editing and the images look terrific within this software. I have the colour settings set to: Full Colour Management.

My monitor is a ViewSonic VX910 and my colour profile for the hardware is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Printing from PSE3 produces the same colours that I see within PSE3, and I’m very pleased with my output.

When I save images, in the Save Options I have the Colour setting set to: ICC Profile sRGB IEC6199-2.1

So far so good.

Now the problem….

If I view images using Windows Explorer ("Filmstrip"), or Windows Image and Fax viewer, the color is different…so much so that some images look awful. Why the degredation?

I don’t understand why Windows is not displaying the images as I see them inside of PSE3.

Do I need to adjust my settings? Am I completly misunderstanding colour profiles? Or, am I just being stoopid? 🙂

I really appreciate you reading thusfar…if you have any insight I’d love to hear it. I’m finding this very frustrating to say the least.

Thank you!

~Inga

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 23, 2005
If you are using full color management, you are adjusting your photos in Adobe RGB, when they are already tagged with the sRGB colorspace. Try setting PE to Limited Color Management and then you will be working in the same color space that your photos were shot in.
IM
Inga_Morozoff
May 23, 2005
Thank you Barbara, I’ll give this a try and see what happens.

Regards,
~Inga
IM
Inga_Morozoff
May 23, 2005
Setting PSE to "No colour management" solved this issue. Thanks again!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections