Posted By
john.carass
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Have Photoshop 6 running in 98SE, it has slowed down to a crawl, almost unusable in every application.
If I reset everything by ctrl/alt/shift at start-up then everything is back to normal speed for two or 3 uses of the program then it goes slow again. I am not doing anything different and this has only happened recently. Any ideas??
Regards

This message has been scanned by Norton 2004 updated within 7 days of this mail.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
n8 skow
Nov 26, 2003
How much free space do you have on your scratch disk?

n8

Hi,
Have Photoshop 6 running in 98SE, it has slowed down to a crawl, almost unusable in every application.
If I reset everything by ctrl/alt/shift at start-up then everything is
back
to normal speed for two or 3 uses of the program then it goes slow again. I am not doing anything different and this has only happened recently. Any ideas??
Regards

This message has been scanned by Norton 2004 updated within 7 days of this mail.

O
Osmodia
Nov 26, 2003
Hi,
MMM… Scratch discs, well, having just checked in Preferences, None! I don’t know if this changes as it slows down or if I have to define these? Available Ram is set to 116956K.

"n8 skow" wrote in message

n8

Hi,
back
to normal speed for two or 3 uses of the program then it goes slow
again.
I am not doing anything different and this has only happened recently. Any ideas??
Regards

This message has been scanned by Norton 2004 updated within 7 days of
this
mail.

S
steve
Nov 26, 2003
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:43:04 -0000, "john.carass" wrote:

Hi,
If I reset everything by ctrl/alt/shift at start-up then everything is back to normal speed for two or 3 uses of the program then it goes slow again. I am not doing anything different and this has only happened recently. Any ideas??
Regards

Are any other applications running slow?

Check memory for something leaking. Defrag the hard drive.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
http://www.easynn.com
S
Stuart
Nov 26, 2003
The scratch disk refers to your hard drive, you define the scratch disk in preferences; try and set the first choice as a separate drive, if you have one and try not to use your boot partition at all if possible. Your scratch disk needs to be as fast and unfragmented as possible, so you are looking for the drive with the the most space and least usage as your primary disk.

Stuart

P.S. Personally win2k or xp would be a better choice because they have better memory management. My fathers machine using Win98 or WinMe, can’t remember which, would be reduced to a crawl without him needing to open any programs, it would just get slower and slower.

Osmodia wrote:

Hi,
MMM… Scratch discs, well, having just checked in Preferences, None! I don’t know if this changes as it slows down or if I have to define these? Available Ram is set to 116956K.

"n8 skow" wrote in message

n8

Hi,
back

to normal speed for two or 3 uses of the program then it goes slow
again.

I am not doing anything different and this has only happened recently. Any ideas??
Regards

This message has been scanned by Norton 2004 updated within 7 days of
this

mail.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections