Posted By
D._Jirsa
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Win xp pro…2.8mh processor…2gb ram…2-120 gb hard drives..64mb video

Why when setting the memory pref above 50% does cs stall out when opening more than 1-18mb file at a time and the efficiency shows at or below 6% and never comes back up…

Doug Jirsa

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 29, 2004
check out this new FAQ topic jirsa:

LenHewitt "Tuning Photoshop CS" 2/29/04 2:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
D
D._Jirsa
Mar 1, 2004
Dave:

I have done everything in the FAQ…I have defraged I have a clean 120gb drive as scrach..nothing seems to help…PS7 runs at 85% memory very fast and allows the opening of 10 or more 18mb files before even showing any slow down or the effency meter even dipping below 100 % on the same machine but cs just stalls out if set above 50%

Doug
MM
Mick_Murphy
Mar 1, 2004
There were some reports a few months back about problems with running 2Gb of dual channel DDR RAM. Is that the case with you? The solution at that time seemed to be to drop the memory allocation to 50%. I don’t know how widespread this was or is but you could do a forum search.
D
D._Jirsa
Mar 1, 2004
Mick:

Yes I am running 2gb of DDR ram on a dual bios P4 2.8 mh windows XP Pro..and yes if I drop down to 50% it helps but still stalls out if more than 4-5 files are open at a time
Doug
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 1, 2004
afaicr, all we’ve heard so far about the 2 gig ddr issue is something like "We think we see something and are tracking it down."

So what I gather from that is something deep in the mem mgmt code is flaking out for some reason or another, they believe us (you all) when you say there’s a problem, there’s nothing concrete yet, but they’re working on it.

If there really is a legitimate problem with such a standard configuration, I wouldn’t expect a dot release until it’s found and worked out.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections