D
Posted By
Dan
Apr 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. In the Photoshop SDK, is it possible to iterate through each character of a "text object" and query for it’s absolute position in the image file? Also, is it possible to extract the font information, ie. font name, point size, etc.

I’ve scanned through the documentation PDF, but I can’t see anything that would do this. The docs do seem a bit spagetti like though 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Apr 6, 2006

Hi. In the Photoshop SDK, is it possible to iterate through each character of a "text object" and query for it’s absolute position in the image file? Also, is it possible to extract the font information, ie. font name, point size, etc.

I’ve scanned through the documentation PDF, but I can’t see anything that would do this. The docs do seem a bit spagetti like though 🙁

I don’t think so. I did a quick search through the CS2 docs and found no reference to text layers. I’ll ask on the adobe forum and see if anything turns up.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
D
Dan
Apr 6, 2006
Hi. I registered on the adobe forums earlier and asked the same question.

Thanks anyway,
Dan.

Mike Russell wrote:

I don’t think so. I did a quick search through the CS2 docs and found no reference to text layers. I’ll ask on the adobe forum and see if anything turns up. — Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections