Posted By
Rik
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have a large amount of images that I need to resize. I use file-automate-fit image. I enter 800 pixels for both width and height. My question is: how can I prevent images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels to be enlarged to a width or height to 800 pixels?

Basically I want the images that have a width or height that is larger than 800 pixels to be resized to 800 pixels, but I want the images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels not to be resized at all. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks!

Rik.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
broga
Oct 27, 2003
You can use the file browser window to list files in order of width or height.
I was wondering if you list your images in this way you could then easily move those with a width of less than 800 to a new folder – then sort the remainder on height and move those files less than 800 also. Then just run the resize on the remainder.
Just a thought

"Rik" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a large amount of images that I need to resize. I use file-automate-fit image. I enter 800 pixels for both width and height. My question is: how can I prevent images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels to be enlarged to a width or height to 800 pixels?
Basically I want the images that have a width or height that is larger
than
800 pixels to be resized to 800 pixels, but I want the images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels not to be resized at all. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks!

Rik.

B
broga
Oct 27, 2003
I was wondering if you list your images in this way you could then easily move those with a width of less than 800 to a new folder – then sort the remainder on height and move those files less than 800 also. Then just run the resize on the remainder.
Just a thought

My first posting didn’t appear either- must be lost in cyberspace – it’ll come back when I whistle

"Rik" wrote in message
Hello,

Basically I want the images that have a width or height that is larger
than
800 pixels to be resized to 800 pixels, but I want the images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels not to be resized at all. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks!

Rik.

R
Rik
Oct 27, 2003
Just a thought

Hi,

I’m not sure what file broser window you mean. Does PhotoShop have one? Either way, it will be one hell of a job since I have many many directories with photos to resize. I was hoping for an easier solution. But thanks anyway, I’ll keep it in mind.

Rik.
PF
Paul Furman
Oct 27, 2003
Rik wrote:
Basically I want the images that have a width or height that is larger than 800 pixels to be resized to 800 pixels, but I want the images that have a smaller width or height than 800 pixels not to be resized at all. Is that possible? If so, how can I do that?

No problem with Irfanview. Below is a copy paste about how to do this:

Download IRFANVIEW freeware for non-commercial use.

Associate your image files with Irfanview when installing.

Set "View" > "Options" to "Fit only big images to window" (this is just nicer)

Click on a file to open
(escape key closes the program)
(scroll wheel moves through a collection)
(Enter key fills the entire screen)

To batch reduce whole sets of files with Irfanview:

Pull down File > Batch Conversion Rename

Click "Add All"

Click "Use This Directory" as output

Click the new folder icon on top with the sparkly star in the corner of the yellow folder

Name the folder "reduced copies" and enter the folder

Click "Set Advanced Options" in the lower right

Check "Resize" and set the width to 400 or as desired, Preserve Aspect Ratio and Use Resample Function

Click "OK"

Click "Start"

This is super fast even for many large files. Nothing is quicker.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections