CW
Posted By
C Wright
Mar 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS2 and am running into the following weirdness when I try to use the Replace Color adjustment: Often, but not always, when I try to replace the color within a selection it appears that the replacement color looks to be simply shades of grey. This is after selecting the color that I want to replace and selecting the color that I want to be the replacement. The Replace Color dialog box accurately shows the color that has been selected, but that color does not wind up appearing in my image!

The strange thing is that sometimes when I follow the above steps Replace Color works just fine. But, more times than not I just get what appear to be shades of grey. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
iehsmith
Mar 15, 2006
On 3/14/06 5:32 PM, C Wright commented:

I am using PS CS2 and am running into the following weirdness when I try to use the Replace Color adjustment: Often, but not always, when I try to replace the color within a selection it appears that the replacement color looks to be simply shades of grey. This is after selecting the color that I want to replace and selecting the color that I want to be the replacement. The Replace Color dialog box accurately shows the color that has been selected, but that color does not wind up appearing in my image!
The strange thing is that sometimes when I follow the above steps Replace Color works just fine. But, more times than not I just get what appear to be shades of grey. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? Chuck

hmm… Replace Color must work completely differently than it does in old Ps
6. I eyedropper the color I want to change, Image>Adjust>Replace color, set
the Fuzziness (color range) and then move the transform sliders to get the new color I want. I can’t just select a new color.

inez

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections