KM
Posted By
Kent McPherson
Feb 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve looked at the help for the Color Replacement Tool in PS CS4 but I can’t make it work. I thought it should allow me to pick a color as the background color and replace that color with whatever I define as the foreground color. Does anyone have a good tutorial on this tool?

I’m actually trying to turn the background of a picture of my grandson black eliminating the brown blanket he’s laying on. Is there an easier way than color replacement to do this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CY
curt_young
Feb 8, 2009
I have found the forum search function is not real useful. But if you google color replacement tool if get several hits. They are for CS3, but probably not any difference in basic technique.
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 9, 2009
Is there an easier way than color replacement to do this?

Hard to say without seeing the picture. I suspect that cropping around the image with a selection tool and then filling that area with a color is more what you are looking to do.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections