CK
Posted By
Chris Keath
Jun 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help to clarify the difference between the 2 processes in relation to prining on business cards.

I’m currently desinging a card (2 color PMS front & 1 color PMS back) with embossing done.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EG
Eric Gill
Jun 19, 2004
Chris Keath wrote in
news::

Can anyone help to clarify the difference between the 2 processes in relation to prining on business cards.

What is unclear?

I’m currently desinging a card (2 color PMS front & 1 color PMS back) with embossing done.

Three plates will be produced for ink and a fourth to make the die for embossing (you may not have to mess with that, depending).
R
Roberto
Jun 20, 2004
Worth mentioning that sometime customers are confused between embossing and thermal engraving…

JD

Three plates will be produced for ink and a fourth to make the die for embossing (you may not have to mess with that, depending).
H
Hecate
Jun 21, 2004
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:18:17 -0600, "Jeff H." wrote:

Worth mentioning that sometime customers are confused between embossing and thermal engraving…
OTOH, sometimes customers are just confused… 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
MR
Mike Russell
Jun 21, 2004
Worth mentioning that a process color approximation to a spot color will show a halftone pattern, and may not be as consistent as a spot color. Trapping will be an issue, and a spot color may save plates.

If broad areas of the card are to be colored – an extreme situation would be white print on a solid background, the spot color may look better. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections