Printing business cards in adobe Photoshop?

N
Posted By
njtermite
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I made one business card in adobe Photoshop.

Image size:
Pixel Dimensions 1260*735

Document Size: 3.6*2.1
Resolution:350

My question is how could I get it to print 10 out on one page. With out effecting the quality?

Thanks,
Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Dennis_Palin
May 24, 2004
I have done that. I created my card in Photoshop saved it as a JPG and went to MS word. Tools>Envelopes and Labels. There they have a wide selection of Avery templates to make your selection from. Go to your local Staples or wherever you buy office supplies and buy that type of micro perf stock and print your cards. They look great.
E
emencz
May 24, 2004
Save your file as TIFF & place it in a page layout program, such as Indesign. Microsoft Word should work well, too.

JPEG is a lossy (is that the word?) file format, meaning your quality is downgraded every time you save.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 25, 2004
You might want to change your card size to 3.5×2 inches, the North American standard. If you make a card too big, it might not fit in a users card holder, resulting in them not saving the card.
N
njtermite
May 25, 2004
Thanks for the replies, I did it in msword and they came out great. A printing shop recommend that I make it that size so when they cut them, if I have a border it will cover the edge.

Thanks again,
Mark
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 25, 2004
If you don’t mind a little size variation due to your own cuts, try card stock. It works well and is cheaper than the perforated business card templates. I use a cutting board and like the cleaner edges than I get from the pre-perforated cards.

I also do it all in PS, copying and butting the images up against each other to reduce my cutting. -Mike
HK
Harron_K._Appleman
May 25, 2004
Avery 8871 is a terrific product for those who wish to print their own cards: nice weight, ink jet matte coated, 10-up, no cutting required, clean edges (no perfs). Making your own template is a no-brainer.

=-= Harron =-=
DM
Don_McCahill
May 26, 2004
If you are going to have a printing shop cut the cards for you, you should ask them for their recommendations on the layout of the cards on the sheet.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections