Posted By
Lorem Ipsum
Dec 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I must be losing my mind.

This morning at home I did a GIF file and sent it to a web server. It looked good. Smooth. (CS on a laptop)
Saved the PSD on the server, too.
Came to work, viewed it on the web and it’s just fine.
Then I brought down the PDS, made some minor changes, saved-for-web again and it looks like crap! Not smooth at all. (same version of CS)

How is this even possible?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Bill Hilton
Dec 7, 2005
lorem ipsum writes …

This morning at home I did a GIF file and sent it to a web server. It looked good. Smooth. (CS on a laptop)
Then I brought down the PDS, made some minor changes, saved-for-web again and it looks like crap! Not smooth at all. (same version of CS)

Do you have the identical settings for things like dithering and "number of colors" and ‘lossy’? With the identical settings I’d expect the same results but with different settings it could be quite different.

Bill
T
Tacit
Dec 7, 2005
In article ,
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote:

Easy. You used different settings.

"Save for Web" has many, many GIF settings–dither, transparency, matte, number of colors, palette–and if you choose different settings, you get different results.

When you use Save for Web, do you pay attention to all the choices for settings?

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
LI
Lorem Ipsum
Dec 7, 2005
"Bill Hilton" wrote in message

Do you have the identical settings for things like dithering and "number of colors" and ‘lossy’? With the identical settings I’d expect the same results but with different settings it could be quite different.

Yes, I do, Bill. And I tried adjusting them with no better outcome.
LI
Lorem Ipsum
Dec 7, 2005
"tacit" wrote in message

When you use Save for Web, do you pay attention to all the choices for settings?

Naw. I just blow it off, ignoring the huge investment I have and then whine on Usenet.
HL
Harry Limey
Dec 7, 2005
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
"tacit" wrote in message

Naw. I just blow it off, ignoring the huge investment I have and then whine on Usenet.
Tacit
I think you might have just struck a raw nerve!!!
LI
Lorem Ipsum
Dec 7, 2005
"Harry Limey" <harrylimey(at)Lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote

Tacit
I think you might have just struck a raw nerve!!!

Aw, Tacit should know me. I’ve always wanted to play the dumb stick for a change.

Hey, what’s that menu item for ‘Help’ all about, anyway? I’m afraid if I take it, it’s gonna hit on me or somethin.
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 7, 2005
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
I must be losing my mind.

One common problem is saving the image to a different size, and leaving the IMG link in the web page the same. This causes many browsers, including MSIE, to do a rather ugly nearest neighbor resampling of the image. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
R
Roberto
Dec 8, 2005
"Mike Russell" wrote in message

One common problem is saving the image to a different size, and leaving the IMG link in the web page the same. This causes many browsers, including MSIE, to do a rather ugly nearest neighbor resampling of the image.

Thanks, Mike. I am at home now and will do a test again. If it turns out to be something other than my <typical> stupidity, I will do a show-and-tell.

As usual, thanks for being there.
jj

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections