RY
Posted By
Rick_Yurick
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having trouble using the droplet with the way Photoshop 6 renames batch processed files.

I want Photoshop to save the files in another folder with the same filenames. What it does is save the file but replaces all spaces in the file names with dashes. I looked for a setting in the program to control this but have been unable to find it.
R. Yurick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Danny_Raphael
Feb 22, 2004
I saw this symptom reported in another thread in another forum once, but there was no follow up and the issue went unresolved. Maybe we can sort it out once and for all here.

If you could save and post the .atn file somewhere for download or e-mail it to me [photoshopactions at yahoo dot com], I’d be glad to take a look.

If not can you briefly describe the underlying action?

Are you using any "save as" or "save for the web" commands in the underlying action? If so, whatever setting details you can provide would help.

What options have you selected in the Create New Droplet dialog?

~Danny~
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 22, 2004
Save for web puts dashes in the file names if one has Unix compatibility checked. If you’re using Save For Web in your action, re-record the SFW, but when you get the SFW dialog, click on the triangle next to "settings" and edit output settings, unchecking Unix compatibility.

Peace,
Tony
RY
Rick_Yurick
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you for the reply.
I’m using a droplet in ImageReady 3.

I found the saving file settings under Output Settings and unchecked the UNIX box but it did not seem to make any difference.

What I’m trying to do is reduce the size of a folder of images that was created using the Web gallery automate feature in Photoshop six. The filenames have spaces between the words. I understand that droplet will have to rename the optimized files to something other than the original filenames. I think that Photoshop is inserting dashes between the words in titles because it is saving the files in the same folder. Is there some way too tell the droplet to create the new optimized files in a different folder Than the folder that the originals reside in?

Rick
RW
Rene_Walling
Feb 23, 2004
Save for web puts dashes in the file names if one has Unix compatibility checked

The option to check UNIX compatibility is available in the batch action dialog box and would probably have the same effect since UNIX doesn’t like spaces in filenames

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections