BD
Posted By
Bobby Dogg
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have around 350 sheeets of negs. I would like to make Contact sheets of them in PS.
I have tried scanning them on my flat bed (Canon) and reversing the curves to make them positive but the results are disappointing, blurry and thin Is there any way to produce contact prints from negatives or an action or programme to help with this?

Many thanks

Bobby D

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
May 11, 2004
In article <c6oidn$crl$ says…
I have around 350 sheeets of negs. I would like to make Contact sheets of them in PS.
I have tried scanning them on my flat bed (Canon) and reversing the curves to make them positive but the results are disappointing, blurry and thin Is there any way to produce contact prints from negatives or an action or programme to help with this?

Many thanks

Bobby D

Two choices would be to scan the negs in a film scanner as negs and let the software handle the conversion, then let PS do your contact sheet from the individual image files. Another would be to take negs to a photo lab and get a glossy contact sheet to be scanned on your flatbed. Neither is perfect, nor totally without cost, unless you also have a film scanner, or can rent one from a photo store. First method would yield, by far, the best results.

Hunt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections