NH
Posted By
noel_hsu
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In my darkroom days, I used a negative carrier which I filed out to get full frame, as well as show some of the negative (i.e. black border around the positive). I do like this effect and wish to know if there is an easy way to generate this on PSE2. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 12, 2004
Noel,
Select>select all>edit>stroke, set the with and the color. This will give you a border around your image. Hope this is the effect you’re looking for.

Terry
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 12, 2004
Noel,
This is from a post by our friend Raymond Robillard. It may be more of what your looking for.

[I’ve found a free action that contains a three pictures filmstrip :

<http://www.liknes.no/Photoshop/specialfx.htm>

Download the file, look in the zip, you’ll find a PSD document containing just what you need !]
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 12, 2004
Noel

I also have a film strip mock up you can drop photos into it just a image nothing fancy but it works. If you need it ask me by email and I will send it off to you.

Grant
LK
Leen_Koper
Feb 12, 2004
Grant, could you send it to me too?
I’m curious.

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 12, 2004
Grant,

Me too … I really fancy trying that out.

Wendy
NH
noel_hsu
Feb 13, 2004
Terry, thank you for the suggestion. It does get me close to the effect I’m after. I would like a softer and non-uniformly fuzzier outer edge. Probably easier for me to scan and post an image.

Grant, thanks and yes, I would like to try out your image. Nubie question: how do I email you.

noel
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 13, 2004
Noel

Sorry I assume everyone knows my email address because of the challenge

grant
DG
dave_gordon
Apr 24, 2004
Grant, Sorry to pester but could you sent also sent it to me?
U
ultravista
May 7, 2004
I may be mistaken but I think the original poster is looking for something with a ‘sloppy’ border. The filed negative carrier is very messy, not sharp and defined. I’ve been lookin for the same thing, no luck. There are third party applications that do it but I want to create it myself in PS.
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 7, 2004
Dave

Refresh my memory did I ever send this to you?

Grant
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 7, 2004
Hmmm

Create a new layer and working on this layer and fill it with black. Select screen for the blend. Then paint over the areas you want to be roughed with white. If you make a mistake paint over it with black. Once you have this you can save ‘only’ this layer and reuse it again and again.

Grant
F
forestcarlisle
Jan 3, 2005
The best thing I have found for sloppy bodrders is Nitorix BorderIT. (www.nitorix.com)
I use Photoshop CS. Not sure if it works in Elements.

It does true full frame sloppy borders on any size image. It will also batch process an entire folder of images.

I found these scripts through the www.opensourcephoto.net forum. Which by the way is a great community of photographers.

forest

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections