BA
Posted By
Bill_Albern
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just returned from a trip with over 400 images, each with a "geographical–number" label. I want to print contact sheets based upon the date taken.
PSE2 insists upon reverting to the alpha label to sequence the images in the contact sheets. Have even created a separate folder of the images that has the files listed chronologically. Photoshop simply reorders them alphabetically.
Help appreciated.
Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
Bill,

You can resort your files via any "Detail" you wish on a PC. If you have sorted via this method (on a PC .. MAC, I don’t know), Elements will use it for your contact sheets.

This works for other than Elements, by the way, but don’t forget to turn the SORT back to standard Alpha after using it, or you may end up with later troubles finding files.

You may have to do this in Explorer if you don’t have a later version of Windows (XP or 2000). I don’t recall if it’s available in Elements in Win 98.

In Elements, FILE, OPEN and then click the View Menu icon to right of the Look In box. Click DETAILS and then click Date. This will sort all the files in that folder into ascending order by date. If you click Date again it’ll sort in descending order by date. To get it back to Sort by Alpha, click on Name and be sure it’s in ascending order. If it’s in descending order just click name again.

Give this a try.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections