Dec 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"eugene" wrote in message
Need a fast response to this one if anybody knows the solution. I have just
been given three very old b/w negatives. They aren’t numbered or identified
in any way so, which side should be facing down in my scanner? The silvery side or the glossy side?

The silvery side should face down, toward the sensor and away from the scanner’s light source.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
eugene
Dec 17, 2007
Need a fast response to this one if anybody knows the solution. I have just been given three very old b/w negatives. They aren’t numbered or identified in any way so, which side should be facing down in my scanner? The silvery side or the glossy side?
J
jaSPAMc
Dec 17, 2007
"Mike Russell" found these unused
words:

"eugene" wrote in message
Need a fast response to this one if anybody knows the solution. I have just
been given three very old b/w negatives. They aren’t numbered or identified
in any way so, which side should be facing down in my scanner? The silvery side or the glossy side?

The silvery side should face down, toward the sensor and away from the scanner’s light source.

Hopefully by ‘silvery side’ he means the side that, when tilted, has portions go from grey to silvery. That’s the emulsion and should be closest to the sensor, just as it is closest to the paper when used in the darkroom.

You will need to ‘flip’ the image in graphics program as the scanner will ‘reverse’ the image horizontally.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections