PG
Posted By
Patrick Gault
Apr 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Maybe a stupid question; I am stuck on PS 5.5 with little likelihood of affording CS for awhile. Would PS Elements 2.0 offer any advantages over or compliment 5.5 with newer features?

Thanks!

P_

Patrick Gault

"My mandate also includes weird bugs" Calvin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LI
Life is fun
Apr 24, 2004
You may want to contact Adobe directly

When I called them, they said the LE Version of photoshop I had which was bundled with a hardware device made me eligible for PS CS for the upgrade price

"Patrick Gault" wrote in message
: Maybe a stupid question; I am stuck on PS 5.5 with little likelihood of : affording CS for awhile. Would PS Elements 2.0 offer any advantages over or
: compliment 5.5 with newer features?
:
: Thanks!
:
: P_
:
: —
: Patrick Gault
:
:
:
:
: "My mandate also includes weird bugs" Calvin :
:
H
Hecate
Apr 25, 2004
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:09:59 -0700, "Life is fun" wrote:

When I called them, they said the LE Version of photoshop I had which was bundled with a hardware device made me eligible for PS CS for the upgrade price
And if you can afford the upgrade do it. Otherwise there’s no competition. Elements is miles ahead of LE.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
K
Kokoro
Apr 25, 2004
In alt.graphics.photoshop, Patrick Gault ordered an army of hamsters to type:

Maybe a stupid question; I am stuck on PS 5.5 with little likelihood of affording CS for awhile. Would PS Elements 2.0 offer any advantages over or compliment 5.5 with newer features?

Thanks!

P_

I am in the same boat being a 5.5 user myself. But a lot of the artists I use as my inspiration did some amazing works on 5.5 (and even 5.0) that I cannot hope to emulate, even with a newer version of Photoshop. v5.5 may be older and have less features but its not too handicapped.
&
"pioe[rmv]"
Apr 25, 2004
Kokoro wrote:

I am in the same boat being a 5.5 user myself. But a lot of the artists I use as my inspiration did some amazing works on 5.5 (and even 5.0) that I cannot hope to emulate, even with a newer version of Photoshop. v5.5 may be older and have less features but its not too handicapped.

It is the very newest version CS which is handicapped. Because it is activation crippled.

We should say NO to programs with Product Activation. If we don’t, we shall all end up with computers filled with software which cannot be installed and run independent from the manufacturers. If we consistently say no, we will avoid such a nightmare.

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway
GR
Grant Robertson
May 17, 2004
In article <D7jic.33318$
says…

Interesting, the web site says:

NOTE: Upgrade does not apply to Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Limited Edition, or PhotoDeluxe licensed users.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections