SpaceGirl
Jan 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Pavel Ferenc wrote:
hi
can anybody tell if you have encountered any problems with using adobe programs after installing service pack 2 under win XP. I heard that the programs start up slowlier and work slowlier (besides other problems) thanks for any help

No… made no difference to my machine. It’s just as fast as ever – but it is a top of the range computer. PhotoShop works fine under SP2.

(3.4ghz P4/HT Extreme Edition, 2gb ram, 256mb Radeon 9800 XT etc etc)

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JD
John DH
Jan 14, 2005
I installed sp2 on both of my machines, one works very well indeed and the other, a complete disaster. I could not find out why sp2 wouldn’t work on machine 2, so I gave up and returned to sp1. PS 7 and CS works fine with SP2 on machine 1. Both computers are well speced for imaging and video work and are both non standard in the fact that they are not off the shelf models. Basically I found SP2 a bit of a lottery.

John D

No… made no difference to my machine. It’s just as fast as ever – but it is a top of the range computer. PhotoShop works fine under SP2.
(3.4ghz P4/HT Extreme Edition, 2gb ram, 256mb Radeon 9800 XT etc etc)

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
Y
Your-nice
Jan 14, 2005
it being ok on my amd 64 athlon .

"Pavel Ferenc" wrote in message
hi
can anybody tell if you have encountered any problems with using adobe programs after installing service pack 2 under win XP. I heard that the programs start up slowlier and work slowlier (besides other problems) thanks for any help
H
Hecate
Jan 15, 2005
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:38:10 +0100, Pavel Ferenc
wrote:

hi

No problem at all on any of our computers which aren’t particularly top of the range (Athlon 2.4 and 2.5 GHz with 512 or 1Gb of memory).

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
PF
Pavel Ferenc
Jan 15, 2005
hi
BD
Bob Davis
Jan 16, 2005
"Pavel Ferenc" wrote in message

| can anybody tell if you have encountered any problems with using adobe | programs after installing service pack 2 under win XP. I heard that the | programs start up slowlier and work slowlier (besides other problems) | thanks for any help

No problems on a top-drawer desktop, P4 notebook, and an old PIII 440BX system. The first computer needed a printer driver upgrade (Epson 2200), as there was a minor issue, but nothing other than that. PhotoShop CS runs as good as ever.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections