GP
Posted By
Gordon Pembury
Nov 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a load of new RAWs in Cr2 format. When I go to Bridge, they are htere but I do not get a thumbnail.

Is there any way I can get one, please?

Gordon P

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
John
Nov 6, 2005
Gordon Pembury wrote:
I have a load of new RAWs in Cr2 format. When I go to Bridge, they are htere but I do not get a thumbnail.

Gordon P
I’m not sure exactly what you are asking here – if you look at the lower right corner of Bridge screen you will see a set of icons that show the files in Thumbnail, Filmstrip, Detail, and Versions and Alternates. The slider just to the left of these allows you to select how big the thumbnails are.
GP
Gordon Pembury
Nov 7, 2005
Sorry if my question wasn’t clear.

No it’s not about the thumbnail icon or the size, but it’s about producing thumbnails themselves. I go to the thumbnails and all I get is the the standard thumbnail icon with CR2 in the middle of it and not the picture itself. Same if I go to tile. I don’t get the picture.

Is there a setting I ma missing somewhere

Many thanks

Gordon P

"John" wrote in message
Gordon Pembury wrote:

Gordon P
I’m not sure exactly what you are asking here – if you look at the lower right corner of Bridge screen you will see a set of icons that show the files in Thumbnail, Filmstrip, Detail, and Versions and Alternates. The slider just to the left of these allows you to select how big the thumbnails are.
BH
Bill Hilton
Nov 7, 2005
Gordon P writes …

No it’s not about the thumbnail icon or the size, but it’s about producing thumbnails themselves. I go to the thumbnails and all I get is the the standard thumbnail icon with CR2 in the middle of it and not the picture itself. Same if I go to tile. I don’t get the picture

The Canon .CR2 file format is used by several Canon cameras and it’s possible you don’t have the latest RAW converter update that supports newer models like, for instance, the 5D and the 1D Mark II N. So perhaps Photoshop recognizes the format but not your specific camera’s implementation of it.

So the question becomes which model camera do you have and which version of the RAW converter? If you have an older model (20D or 1D Mark II for instance) you shouldn’t be having this problem.

Bill
GP
Gordon Pembury
Nov 7, 2005
Thanks Bill. It’s a 350D in the UK. Don’t know if they call it taht all over the world

Gordon

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
Gordon P writes …

No it’s not about the thumbnail icon or the size, but it’s about producing thumbnails themselves. I go to the thumbnails and all I get is the the standard thumbnail icon with CR2 in the middle of it and not the picture itself. Same if I go to tile. I don’t get the picture

The Canon .CR2 file format is used by several Canon cameras and it’s possible you don’t have the latest RAW converter update that supports newer models like, for instance, the 5D and the 1D Mark II N. So perhaps Photoshop recognizes the format but not your specific camera’s implementation of it.

So the question becomes which model camera do you have and which version of the RAW converter? If you have an older model (20D or 1D Mark II for instance) you shouldn’t be having this problem.
Bill
D
drjchamberlain
Nov 8, 2005
Gordon:

Are you running Photoshop ? If so, what version is it ?

Take a look at what version of Camera Raw you have installed in your system. Photoshop CS1 shipped with Camera Raw 2.4 that was later upgraded to 3.0 and is not at version 3.2.

Depending on what version you have, you may have to upgrade it to the latest version.

Best regards,

Joseph

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

———————————————————— —————-

On 11/7/05 12:27 PM, in article , "Gordon
Pembury" wrote:

Thanks Bill. It’s a 350D in the UK. Don’t know if they call it taht all over the world

Gordon

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
Gordon P writes …

Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections