UU
Posted By
unknown_user
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running WinXP Pro. Prior to installing PS 7, I used to be able to right-click on an image and get it’s width, height and pixel depth.

After installing PS 7, there is no information (on either the simple or advanced option on the "summary" tab).

With Bitmaps and Gifs, all I get is a message saying no property handler is available for the image selected.

I tried updating to 7.0.1 but that didn’t help. I still have no summary information. This didn’t occurr in PS 6 though.

Uninstalling PS does restore the original behaviour but I’d rather not lose the money spent on PS (can’t return software)…

Any ideas (other than going back to PS 6 or dumping WinXP)?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 12, 2004
find and remove/rename psicon.dll.
UU
unknown_user
Feb 12, 2004
Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. All it did is change the icons in Explorer to the "unknown file" icon.

I also rebooted but still no change.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 12, 2004
hmm… coulda sworn that was it.
RM
Rick Moore
Feb 12, 2004
You probably need to re-register the image viewer, try this: On the Start button pick Run… and type
REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
UU
unknown_user
Feb 12, 2004
Derrick,

That worked like a charm! Thanks.

Dave, thanks again for your suggestion as well..
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 13, 2004
you’re welcome. thanks derick. nice tip.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections