FH
Posted By
Frank_Herr
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just posting this in case someone else ever searches for the same solution: about a month ago in Photoshop, my Tool menu started to fly-out my selections on a single click, instead of requiring me to hold down the mouse before the selections appeared. Which requires an extra click each time to de-select that tool, which really slows me down!

Previous posts on this forum correctly recommended solving this problem by adjusting mouse (/tablet) settings. Here’s some more specific info on what worked for me: in my MS Intellimouse software, in the Activities tab, the problem went away when I reduced the Double-Click speed setting (even though I don’t double-click the Photoshop Tools). The double-click speed settings aren’t numerical, but I found that the problem appears when I set it to anything higher than about 80% of the way towards the "Fast" side of the scale.

So if you’re having the same problem, of Tool selections flying out on a single click, try reducing your mouse’s double-click speed setting. Worked for me.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks for posting your solution.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections