In previous versions of PS one could hold the control key and click on a layer to select…

YM
Posted By
Yoo Momma
Nov 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In previous versions of PS one could hold the control key and click on a layer to select all that’s in it. How does one select objects within a layer like rendered text?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
Nov 27, 2007
"Yoo Momma" wrote in message
In previous versions of PS one could hold the control key and click on a layer to select all that’s in it. How does one select objects within a layer like rendered text?

I think you have to put the mouse on the thumbnail itself not just the layer
G
garypoyssick
Nov 27, 2007
Use the Eyedropper tool if it’s a single object. If it’s on a transparent background, selecting All should still work the way it did before

Gary

And hi, Yoo 🙂

On 11/27/07 8:42 AM, in article ,
"Yoo Momma" wrote:

K
KatWoman
Nov 27, 2007
On 11/27/07 8:42 AM, in article
"Yoo Momma" wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
Use the Eyedropper tool if it’s a single object. If it’s on a transparent background, selecting All should still work the way it did before
Gary

And hi, Yoo 🙂

eyedropper?? that measures color
you mean magic wand??
B
Brian
Nov 27, 2007
I must be missing something here. Just click on the layer in the Layers Palette and drag around with the Move Tool (V).

YM
Yoo Momma
Nov 28, 2007
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:45:31 +1100, "Brian"
wrote:

I must be missing something here. Just click on the layer in the Layers Palette and drag around with the Move Tool (V).

Friggin A!!!

It still works

create a shape, Ctrl>click on the window in the layer the shape it in, the marching ants be a marching around the shape.
YM
Yoo Momma
Nov 28, 2007
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:52:33 -0500, Yoo Momma
wrote:

Friggin A!!!

It still works

create a shape, Ctrl>click on the window in the layer’s pallet, the marching ants be’ah marching around the shape.

Yaa’yuhhhhhhhhh
K
KatWoman
Nov 28, 2007
wrote:

Friggin A!!!

It still works

create a shape, Ctrl>click on the window in the layer’s pallet, the marching ants be’ah marching around the shape.

Yaa’yuhhhhhhhhh

I said that in the first reply
""I think you have to put the mouse on the thumbnail itself not just the layer ""
YM
Yoo Momma
Nov 29, 2007
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:32:26 -0500, "KatWoman" wrote:

wrote:

Friggin A!!!

It still works

Yaa’yuhhhhhhhhh

I said that in the first reply

It took a while to sink in…thanks

""I think you have to put the mouse on the thumbnail itself not just the layer ""

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections