J
Posted By
johnkissane3
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upgraded to PS CS and use for Advanced Amateur Photography only. Extra CD has Total Training lessons. I have used PS for a few years and have only used the basic tools, Image/adjustments. I need better knowledge of color management, layers, history etc.

I have enough books but find it hard to translate the concepts to actual hands-on photo fixing. Nice chapter but now what? type of block.

Any opinions on Total Training DVD (PS CS), at a hefty price of US299. Thanks in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

QP
Q_Photo
Feb 8, 2004
I have at least a half dozen books on Photoshop and read all of the articles that are available in the photo magazines. Purchased the Total training DVD’s and I think they are great. It is so easy to review things over and over until you grasp the subject. This is good for me as I’m not a fast learner. I still love all of my books and will continue to read them. I must say they make much more sense to me because of the DVD’s. I know people that have spent a couple hundred dollars to take classes at a local college. They still come to me for advice.
PC
Patty_Clarke
Feb 8, 2004
John,

I agree with Q. I purchased the CS suite package deal Total Training Videos recently. I’m about half way through the photoshop training and it really is a very good learning method for me as well.

My training DVDs include PS, Illy, Go-Live, In-Design and Version Cue. I spent $500 on the whole deal–are you sure ps itself is $299??

Anyway, I have a 13" tv next to my computer so I can view the training and execute the lessons at the same time. I’m like Q in the sense that I’m not the "quickest" out of the gate for understanding this stuff so I really like the training series. (I also take classes at the local junior college).

Have you visited the Total Training site and experienced any of their demos?

Patty
J
johnkissane3
Feb 8, 2004
Q and Patty

Thanks, I looked at some demos and feel exactly as you do. Guess I was looking for confirmation.

Patty, yes 299 for PS, but I’ll double check, when I order. That’s all I need.

Regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections