S
Posted By
SSI
Apr 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am relatively new at PhotoShop CS and have taken a number of courses however the instructors were great but were moving so fast that now, a few days after the courses, I seem to forget a lot of the details so I would like to also to have additional resources for training. Does anyone have suggestions regarding training courses on DVD. Did a search on the web and there are a number of options but I am not sure which is the best. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SF
Sir Fauntleroy
Apr 21, 2005
"SSI" wrote in message
I am relatively new at PhotoShop CS and have taken a number of courses however the instructors were great but were moving so fast that now, a few days after the courses, I seem to forget a lot of the details so I would like to also to have additional resources for training. Does anyone have suggestions regarding training courses on DVD. Did a search on the web and there are a number of options but I am not sure which is the best. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

There are volumes upon volumes of free material available on the internet. Just do a Google search.
S
SSI
Apr 21, 2005
"Sir Fauntleroy" wrote in message
"SSI" wrote in message

There are volumes upon volumes of free material available on the internet. Just do a Google search.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked on the web and found tutorials but I thought to get a full course on DVD where I can have visual step-by-step lessons for the program.
J
johnastovall
Apr 21, 2005
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:40:33 -0700, "SSI"
wrote:

"Sir Fauntleroy" wrote in message
"SSI" wrote in message

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked on the web and found tutorials but I thought to get a full course on DVD where I can have visual step-by-step lessons for the program.

Check this out:

http://www.learn-software.net/prodphotoshopcs.html
D
Darren
Apr 21, 2005
I’ve seen the lynda.com movie-based tutorials and they’re really good. They are these quicktime movies that walk you through the lessons. You can download the clips, or if you have a premium subscription, they can be mailed to you on CD (or maybe DVD).

All of the courses have short preview clips that you can watch before you decide if you want to pay the subscription fees or not.
http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modListing.asp

"SSI" wrote in message

CF
Craig Flory
Apr 21, 2005
Hi; Are you an amateur or a professional ? I’m a professional protrait photographer and learn
a lot at our Pa. state photography meeting programs. I also teach CS in my studio as well as
at the meetings of our state and other states. So if you are a pro check out your state’s pro
photog. group.

Craig Flory
BH
Bill Hilton
Apr 21, 2005
Does anyone have
suggestions regarding training courses on DVD.

Deke McClelland is the author of the "Photoshop Bible" books and his tutorials have a good reputation. I think there are some sample lessons included on the CS or V 7 upgrade disk (I’m pretty sure I remember seeing him explain the Healing Brush, etc, for example on a freebie). His company is called Total Training and it looks like you can download some of the samples for free from his site.

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/resources/total-training.htm l

Many of us learned from books (I did) but some people learn faster or easier from videos …

Bill
S
SSI
Apr 21, 2005
Thanks for all the suggestions very kind of you all and I really do appreciate the feedback.

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
Does anyone have
suggestions regarding training courses on DVD.

Deke McClelland is the author of the "Photoshop Bible" books and his tutorials have a good reputation. I think there are some sample lessons included on the CS or V 7 upgrade disk (I’m pretty sure I remember seeing him explain the Healing Brush, etc, for example on a freebie). His company is called Total Training and it looks like you can download some of the samples for free from his site.
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/resources/total-training.htm l
Many of us learned from books (I did) but some people learn faster or easier from videos …

Bill
P
paleface
Apr 22, 2005
Bill Hilton wrote:

When following a tutorial or needing a reminder while working in PS, I find the books are better as a reference. But books’ images are poor in demonstrating the before and after effects. Videos, if done right, can have an advantage.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections