LB
Posted By
L B Olson
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This must be a dumb question as it looks to be a common efffect, but I can’t seem to find a straight procedure in the documentation…

I’m trying to blend the edges of a photo into a solid color backround, for a webpage. How do you go about doing this? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jaSPAMc
Apr 20, 2004
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:15:24 -0700, L B Olson
found these unused words floating about:

This must be a dumb question as it looks to be a common efffect, but I can’t seem to find a straight procedure in the documentation…
I’m trying to blend the edges of a photo into a solid color backround, for a webpage. How do you go about doing this? Thanks.

Make the BG of the image the same colour as the webpage. Then use the feather to blend around the edges. Use SAVE A COPY for your web jpg and then save the main work as psd just in case you may need to trim later.
A
Andy
Apr 20, 2004

1) Select the most suitable marquee tool for your image. (square,circle or
polygon)
2) Set it to Feather selection 30 pixels
3) Use marquee to select your photograph. Leave a border of around 30pixles between the edge of the picture and the marquee line.
4) Copy selection to new layer (ctrl + j on PC) and de-select (ctrl + d)
5) Hide the original photograph layer to see how it blends with your
background.
6) If not happy with the result, undo and try again using a differant feather value or selecting a differant ammount of your original photograph.

Hope this helps.

"L B Olson" wrote in message
LB
L B Olson
Apr 20, 2004
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:44:20 +0100, "Andy" <shif> wrote:

1) Select the most suitable marquee tool for your image. (square,circle or polygon)
2) Set it to Feather selection 30 pixels
3) Use marquee to select your photograph. Leave a border of around 30pixles between the edge of the picture and the marquee line.
4) Copy selection to new layer (ctrl + j on PC) and de-select (ctrl + d)
5) Hide the original photograph layer to see how it blends with your
background.
6) If not happy with the result, undo and try again using a differant feather value or selecting a differant ammount of your original photograph.
Hope this helps.

Many Thanks, it was that Layer via Copy step that was eluding me.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections