CB
Posted By
Craig_Busch
Apr 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please correct me if I am wrong. The last versions of Photoshop are 6, 7, now CS? I will be buying the program. If I can find an older copy of 6 (legal of course) for less than CS will that do, or is CS so much better that I should go with it?
Thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Apr 18, 2004
That might be a good strategy first you could probably pick it really cheaper if you shop around and then you can always upgrade that legal copy later and you may even come out ahead on the whole deal that way. Good Hunting

BTW if you do get a really cheap copy of Photoshop 6 or 7 then you will qualify for the upgrade for the CS Standard Suite for less than the full price of Photoshop CS standalone.
T
Todie
Apr 18, 2004
If you get the Brooklyn bridge instead of Photoshop, you won’t need an upgrade.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 18, 2004
A lot depends on which operating system you are using. If OS X you won’t want 6 because it will only run in Classic. 7 will run in both and CS only in OS X.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Apr 18, 2004
Todie you can get older versions of these legally and there is nothing wrong in doing so. Craig seems aware that he has to obtain a truly legal version. The answer to his question is yes!
AW
Allen_Wicks
Apr 18, 2004
2004 is turning out to be quite a year. Here I am agreeing with Wade multiple times.

No doubt Wade will say I am just finally learning…
P
progress
Apr 18, 2004
or its senility setting in 😉
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Apr 18, 2004
Allen watch it, I think progress is on to something!

Hey, progress do you think senility can be transmitted over the internet.

Beware Allen!
P
progress
Apr 19, 2004
only if i dribble on the keyboard…
AW
Allen_Wicks
Apr 19, 2004
I lost one keyboard that way.

– – – Coffee, actually.
S
Shep
Apr 20, 2004
Craig,

I purchased a brand new, sealed, legal older version here < http://softwareprovisions.com/Air/?schtp=p&p=kjg&sea rchbool=AND&schkwd=photoshop&schctg=0&x=25&y =13> when I got mine quite some time ago. Their present in-stock status doesn’t look good—ie., a lot of zeros—but I have a feeling they don’t update frequently enough. So try calling them at the number at the bottom of the linked page.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections