Posted By
KK
Aug 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have Photoshop Elements 3. I’m trying to draw some circles in the Edit (new file) window. I know that I have to select the ‘shapes’ tool first, but I can’t find it in the toolbox or elsewhere.

What am I missing ?

Thanks

KK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 14, 2005
I know that I have to select the ‘shapes’ tool first, but I can’t find it in the toolbox or elsewhere.

Type u and it will highlight the tool about 4 from the bottom of the Tools palette … click the icon and you’ll see seven options including a couple for shapes. I *think* you want the ‘custom shape tool’ option, then the actual shapes are selected from the menu bar above.

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 14, 2005
I have Photoshop Elements 3. I’m trying to draw some circles in the Edit (new file) window. I know that I have to select the ‘shapes’ tool first

Sorry, I read this a bit fast and gave you the ‘shapes’ tool locale but for drawing circles you probably want either the ellipse tool in the palette I first mentioned or, since you mention the Edit window, possibly you want to draw the circle and stroke the border … which you can do easily with the 5th icon down from the top, click on it and select ‘elliptical marquee tool’ … either of these draws an ellipse, just hold down shift to make it a circle. Once done with the marquee tool do Edit – Stroke to draw the outline of the circle.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections