A
Posted By
Alansys
Jul 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a simple logo in photoshop and want to use it in Pagemaker and MS Word. I have selected the logo and deleted all the background so it is transparent. But whichever file type I try to save it, when I place it in Pagemaker it always has a frame with white background making it unsuitable to use on a coloured page.
How can I save it so only the outline of the logo is saved without any frame or white background?
I appreciate all the help you can provide.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bj
Jul 16, 2005
I think this problem is not hard to solve. If the logo doesn’t have to have more then 256 colours it shouldn’t be a problem to save as a GIF-File to use it in word. In Pagemaker it should work as well.

Go to File–>Save As and choose as format "GIF" as well as the folder you want to save the picture in. Then you see a dialog "indizierte Farben" (sorry, I use the German version so I don’t now what is displayed in the English version). There you choose "Transparency" and click at the OK button. Now it shouldn’t be a problem to use the GIF-File transparent in other application. I’ve tried this procedure with a scan from a book with white background and it worked very well in MS-Word.

If this shouldn’t work, then post again.

Greetings

Bj
N
noone
Jul 18, 2005
In article <yM5Ce.50169$
..net.au says…
I have created a simple logo in photoshop and want to use it in Pagemaker and MS Word. I have selected the logo and deleted all the background so it is transparent. But whichever file type I try to save it, when I place it in Pagemaker it always has a frame with white background making it unsuitable to use on a coloured page.
How can I save it so only the outline of the logo is saved without any frame or white background?
I appreciate all the help you can provide.

Not knowing exactly which formats you have tried, I’ll take a stab at a possible solution:

Once you have the image where you want it (logo on white background), Select the white background. In Paths palette, choose Make Clipping Path (not sure of exact verbage, as I don’t have PS up right now – someone correct me on this please), then Save_As Photoshop EPS with Clipping Path box checked. In PM, just Place the EPS file. This should "clip" the background.

If I get a second, I’ll run through the process, and get the exact dialog on the process.

Good luck,
Hunt
O
Odysseus
Jul 19, 2005
In article <42d91239$0$13764$>,
"Björn Hein" wrote:

I think this problem is not hard to solve. If the logo doesn’t have to have more then 256 colours it shouldn’t be a problem to save as a GIF-File to use it in word. In Pagemaker it should work as well.

Very unlikely a GIF will work well in print, though, which is the most common destination for PageMaker documents.

Odysseus

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections