Posted By
rock
Feb 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have PS7 and have been given a psd file which I have loaded and the layers all show and switch on and off however they are all locked and I cannot changed any of the text.

I can however use the transform tool which is the only one I have tried but not change text.

When I try to do that even with the layer chosen, it ones a new layer.

Can I have help to unlock this please.

Thank you

rock

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed Hannigan
Feb 4, 2008
Rock wrote:
Hi,

I have PS7 and have been given a psd file which I have loaded and the layers all show and switch on and off however they are all locked and I cannot changed any of the text.

I can however use the transform tool which is the only one I have tried but not change text.

When I try to do that even with the layer chosen, it ones a new layer.
Can I have help to unlock this please.

Thank you

rock

Not sure what you mean by locked. Are there little locks on the layers? You can turn them off at the top of the Layers palette.

Is it editable text? Is there a "T" in the Layers palette thumbnail window? If so, double click on it to highlight then you should be able to edit it with the Text tool. If not, it is rasterized and you can’t edit it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections