Posted By
Borrox
Jun 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

Probably a stupidly simple explanation for this, but….

I am trying to save a mostly orange Gif for a website. I can save it as such as well as a Jpg no problem but it is way too bright and loud to use. It would give you a nose bleed! When I fade it to 50% and save as Gif it stays bright.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Nig

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Jun 11, 2005
Borrox wrote:
I am trying to save a mostly orange Gif for a website. I can save it as such as well as a Jpg no problem but it is way too bright and loud to use. It would give you a nose bleed! When I fade it to 50% and save as Gif it stays bright.

When you say fade to 50%… you aren’t just changing the opactiy are you? GIF images only allow full transparency/no transparency. Things can’t be slightly transparent. Make a layer underneath your image with the same colour as your website background, or use the matte colour settings.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
B
Borrox
Jun 11, 2005
"Nicholas Sherlock" wrote in message
Borrox wrote:

When you say fade to 50%… you aren’t just changing the opactiy are you? GIF images only allow full transparency/no transparency. Things can’t be slightly transparent. Make a layer underneath your image with the same colour as your website background, or use the matte colour settings.
Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

I was trying to fade it and the save. I ought to know this as I have tried to save a Gif with a shadow and looks crap!

Thanks for kicking the grey stuff into action

Nig

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections