Grays look yellowish, other colors look fine and when saving for web, file looks as I expect it,

DD
Posted By
DC_Domain
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a weird problem, I’ve searched the FAQs and Googled for an answer, but nothing has helped. I switched color profiles but there are no changes that I can see, I’ve tried the Adobe Gamma color calibration and another program I found online, but that hasn’t helped as well.

In my working space, all my grays have a yellow tint to it. It’s pretty bad actually. But when I save for web, the grays look as they should. I tried calibrating, but then all the other colors look off. Basically all my other programs, or when browsing the web, the colors/grays look fine, it is only when I’m in the working space that the colors look off, and all the other color profiles under EDIT > Color Settings do not help.

I’m running a Radeon 9600 on a Dell 1901FP LCD monitor. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 2, 2004
rerun adobe gamma from the conrtol panel.

dave
DD
DC_Domain
Jan 2, 2004
I did try the Adobe Gamma from the Control panel, but it makes everything else look bad. It’s basically the Work Space that has the problem, everything else seems fine.

In Adobe Imageready, the image looks fine.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 2, 2004
Run Adobe Gamma from the Control Panel. Select sRGB as your starting point (and make sure you change the text in the description filed to something like "DCs Monitor").

Follow the on-screen instructions and MAKE SURE YOU SAVE TO A NEW FILENAME – That is IMPORTANT, otherwise you will over-write your sRGB profile.
S
stephaniemoore
Jan 13, 2004
I have the exact same monitor and the exact same problem. My colors are way off. All of the grays look yellowish, greenish. I have been playing with the adjustments for hours. Does anyone think that perhaps this type of monitor is not a good choice for design work?

Any additional suggestions? I will keep looking.

Thanks.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 13, 2004
Stephanie,

Just follow the instructions and create a new monitor profile
S
stephaniemoore
Jan 13, 2004
I tried that and everything looks fine everywhere else on my computer, except for the grays in my working space in Photoshop. The grays are still greenish/yellow.

I have tried using adobe gamma through the control panel; changing the working space color settings; and even just fiddling around with the color controls on the monitor. Nothing seems to work. But like I said, it is my working space in Photoshop that the colors look ill. Everywhere else they look ok. BUT, since I do the majority of my work in PS, I am determined to figure this out. Thanks for responding so quickly. – Stephanie
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 13, 2004
Did you start out by deleting your old monitor profile and then create a new one or did you (mistakenly) try to "fix" it?
L
LenHewitt
Jan 13, 2004
Stephanie,

If you’ve altered your monitor controls you will need to re-make your monitor profile. Once you have created a monitor profile should NEVER touch the monitor controls

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections