G
Posted By
gayletodd
Jan 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Adobe Gamma I am trying to calibrate 2 Gateway FPD 1830 LCDs. The documentation that Gateway supplied has no useful information regarding the questions Adobe Gamma asks for. I was stumped right away at the ‘phosphors’ choices: do LCDs even use phosphors? Then it goes on to ask for a white point.My whitepoint is adjustable on the LCDs. Is the setting the same if I use digital input or analog input? What choices should i enter in the box? Does anyone have a cheat sheet for this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 5, 2004
do LCDs even use phosphors?

No and Adobe Gamma isn’t designed for TFT panels. The only thing you can use Adobe Gamma to, when you’re using a TFT panel, is to load the canned profile for the panel into Adobe Gamma and leave the rest of the settings in there alone.

See: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1403e.htm>

Quote:
| Note: Flat panel display monitors (e.g., Apple Studio Display) do | not use brightness and contrast. Instead, they use white point and | black point levels to adjust the monitor’s characterization. | Because of this, load the ICC profile that comes with your flat | panel in Adobe Gamma without modifying the settings except the | Description…

Regards
Madsen.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 13, 2004
Don’t use adobe gamma for lcd displays. For pretty good calibration you need to buy a colorimeter or spectrophotometer with software system. Some of the better known are Greytag, Monaco, or Spyder. Prices range from a couple hundred to a lot more. There is a German company (www.quato.de) that has new very accurate lcds with built in calibration.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections