Posted By
My View
Jan 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All

I use PS CS and want to calibrate my monitor using Adobe Gamma (as requested by my photo lab).
Any recommendations/suggestions before I start?

I had a first try at it yesterday but gave up after one of the first ‘wizard’ screen said to "set contrast conrrol to its highest setting". This totally blew the screen colour out and any subsequent brightness settings made little difference.

Why would you want the contrast setting to be maximum?

I have a 17" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 with GeForce4 Ti 4200 128Mb graphics card.

regards

PeterH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rick
Jan 8, 2005
"My View" <reply to > wrote in message
Hi All

I use PS CS and want to calibrate my monitor using Adobe Gamma (as requested by my photo lab).

I had a first try at it yesterday but gave up after one of the first ‘wizard’ screen said to "set contrast conrrol to its highest setting". This totally blew the screen colour out and any subsequent brightness settings made little difference.

This has been discussed in the past. Apparently Adobe
believes the contrast control on every monitor has the same perfect range, from bad to good to better. It’s a truly absurd assumption.

Simply ignore that directive and adjust the contrast upwards until you start running into pixel blooming or any other image degradation, then adjust it back down a bit. Continue on with the procedure.

See above. In your case, you don’t.

I have a 17" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 with GeForce4 Ti 4200 128Mb graphics card.

If you’re interested in a more comprehensive calibration procedure, which by the way also includes the same
ridiculous directive about the contrast control (which
should be ignored as above), see:
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps8-colour/ps8_1.htm
S
SamMan
Jan 8, 2005
"My View" <reply to > wrote in message
Hi All

regards

PeterH

I have had very good luck using the techniques described here… http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm

SamMan
Rip it to reply

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections