Posted By
jordan_com7
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wonder if someone could help me out..

I’ve got an image with a print size of 6" x 4", with a resolution of 300, and when I print it out in Photoshop, it’s that size on the paper.

However, when I save the image to a JPEG, and print it out from a standard image viewer, or from Outlook, it prints out (huge) over 4 or more pages.

But when I take that same JPEG and import it into Word, it prints out fine.

Anyone know why?

Jordan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bhilton665
Oct 31, 2003

I’ve got an image with a print size of 6" x 4", with a resolution of 300, and when I print it out in Photoshop, it’s that size on the paper.

However, when I save the image to a JPEG, and print it out from a standard image viewer, or from Outlook, it prints out (huge) over 4 or more pages.

Anyone know why?

Probably the "standard image viewer" or Outlook is defaulting to printing at a resolution of 72 ppi (which would be just over 4x as large in each direction). See if you can somehow check this or set it differently.

Bill
N
nomail
Oct 31, 2003
Jordan wrote:

Anyone know why?

Apparently Outlook and your Image viewer don’t understand dpi. They print in 72 dpi no matter what the settings are.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
JC
jordan_com7
Nov 2, 2003

Jordan wrote:

Anyone know why?

Apparently Outlook and your Image viewer don’t understand dpi. They print in 72 dpi no matter what the settings are.

Ahh.. well, thank you both for your helpful replies!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections