SW
Posted By
Steven Wandy
Nov 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently am using an R-800 (LOVE IT!!!). It is being used for all my printing. This is the first Epson that I have used as my all-arround printer (used HP before this).
I realize that when you turn on the Epson it goes through a cleaning/charging cycle (and uses up some ink). HP printers were smart enough to go into a "standby mode" and start up when you clicked PRINT. Apparently Epson’s are not this bright.
Do most Epson users leave the printers on all the time or turn them off? If you leave them on, do you occassionally turn them on and off to do the cleaning/charging cycle? Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Stephan
Nov 24, 2004
Steven Wandy wrote:
I currently am using an R-800 (LOVE IT!!!). It is being used for all my printing. This is the first Epson that I have used as my all-arround printer (used HP before this).
I realize that when you turn on the Epson it goes through a cleaning/charging cycle (and uses up some ink). HP printers were smart enough to go into a "standby mode" and start up when you clicked PRINT. Apparently Epson’s are not this bright.
Do most Epson users leave the printers on all the time or turn them off? If you leave them on, do you occassionally turn them on and off to do the cleaning/charging cycle? Thanks

You need to turn it off if you don’t use it for a while. When off, the printer has the heads resting on foam preventing them from drying and clogging.
The users are supposed to be bright, not the printer! Push the button 30 seconds before you want to print.

Stephan
RF
Robert Feinman
Nov 25, 2004
In article <Eu2pd.25118$
says…
Most epson printers park their heads in the same spot as when they are turned off. So you can leave it on all the time and avoid the cleaning cycles. It will run a cleaning cycle anyway when it has printed enough pages. You can check if the heads are parked properly. Look at the position of the heads with the machine off and then compare to the location after the machine has been inactive or an hour or so.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections