JA
Posted By
James_A_Jacobson
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running XP with 1 GB of ram. Upgrade from Ver. 6. On launch, error message says "some required files are missing from Required folder, please intall again." Re-install does not help. Program is activated. What do I do?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 30, 2003
Try trashing prefs. Details in the FAQs.

Bob
JA
James_A_Jacobson
Dec 30, 2003
I couldn’t find it..where is it located..
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2003
Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
GD
gerard_de_Wit
Dec 30, 2003
The ‘missing’ files can almost certainly be found in your v6. Just transfer them from v6 to cs. That’s what I did and the problem disappeared. If you want to keep v6 intact, make sure you use duplicates. . gw
JA
James_A_Jacobson
Dec 31, 2003
I deleted v. 6 and reinstalled…same problem.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 31, 2003
james. did you reset you prefrences? they’re not removed or overwritten during a reinstall.
JA
James_A_Jacobson
Dec 31, 2003
How do I reset the preferences? I searched for .psp files but nothing showed up.
JA
James_A_Jacobson
Dec 31, 2003
OK..I looked in Docukents and Settings etc per the FAQ..there is no pref file in the Adobe/Photoshop folder. The program still does not load..says required files are missing in the Required folder.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections