TF
Posted By
Tony_Fiorda
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Was looking at the files ‘date created’ and ‘date modified’ entries in the file properties section of the metadata and was noticing that the dates were turning to garbage after entering IPTC data in the file. Upon further examination, the XMP Offset and XMP Size parameters were disappearing when this happened. So I am suspecting some sort of XML pointer corruption. However, the data entered in the IPTC area iis correct.

I am using PSCS and WinXP SP1 with files locally stored on the machine. I updated some files a few days ago without error. However, these files were created prior to October 2003. It seems this happens on files created after this date. I use a Canon 10D with firmware 2.0. This, of course could be my imagination, but it seems to be the case.

When looking at the files in the Windows Explorer, all create, accessed, modified, picture taken dates are correct. I am stumped. Is this something I am doing, or have I maybe found a bug?

Thanks,

Tony….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TF
Tony_Fiorda
Dec 30, 2003
FYI, I found out that this is a known problem with PSCS on Windows platforms only. It has a workaround by purging the cache for the folders in question. This does work.

Tony..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections