Photoshop Printing Resolutions, Page Sizes, and Bleeds!

L
Posted By
luckycharmz336
Dec 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok I got a couple of questions… I am new to printing. Here is what I understand and I want to make sure this is correct.

I was told to print around 300 DPI and in CMYK. Is this correct? Now I have questions about print business cards and full pages. What is a proper size for business cards, and what type of bleed will you need. Also do you have to design your card different if you enter a bleed? Also is 8×10 a popular printout size for just formal sheets to hand out to customers! Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Dec 6, 2003
I was told to print around 300 DPI and in CMYK. Is this correct? <<

If sending work out for commercial offset printing, it’s ‘safe’ rather than correct. See:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@25.WzEpbXQNKCC.2@ .ef7d043

for details.

However, if printing to a desktop inkjet, then you should be sending RGB data and NOT CMYK – Non-PostScript printer drivers cannot pass CMYK data so it has to be converted on-the-fly to RGB which often results in poor colour repro.

The image rez required when printing to an inkjet depends upon both subject matter and printer – you usually won’t notice any improvement above 200 ppi – a few subjects with very fine detail may benefit from increased image rez up to an absolute maximum of 360 ppi

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections