RC
Posted By
Ronald_Chambers
Nov 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was having a problem with the slowness of PS 7 or CS and decided to try a couple things to fix it. I have a system with WinXP home upgraded from WinME. Hardware is 2.4gHz P4/1gB mem/250gB disk/dual monitor.

1) go to windows directory and find prefetch folder. Delete the contents and reboot. Boot will be slow for a couple of boots but everything is (not just seems) faster. This is how MS makes booting and file loading faster.

2) purchase, download and run reghealer. <http://www.fixregistry.com/regheal/index.htm> or an equivalent.

Seems like this is a maintainence step that needs to be done every so often.

RON C

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 23, 2003
I have a system with WinXP home upgraded from WinME.

Recipe for disaster if it was an actual upgrade. Operating systems need to be installed clean. Installing over a previous operating system is flat out dangerous to the health of your computer.

Bob
RC
Ronald_Chambers
Nov 23, 2003
Bob,

Clean install!!!

RON C
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 23, 2003
Good.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections