MC
Posted By
Milena_Capriles
Jul 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having problems feathering a selection. No matter what I try to do it does not want to work. I followed the steps given in the Help Center. I made a selection on the layer I wanted to feather, then chose select, feather, then tried different values to see if any would work, but there’s just nothing. I wonder if I have some weird settings or something. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 27, 2007
tried different values to see if any would work, but there’s just nothing

What do you mean "there’s just nothing"? What are you doing with the selection after feathering?

Try this: Make a selection. Feather it using quite a high value (50 – 100). Then hit Q for the Quick Mask. Does the selection have a hard or soft edge?
MC
Milena_Capriles
Jul 27, 2007
The feathering effect just doesn’t show. It’s like I never applied feathering to the selection. Thanks for the tip, I think i got it now.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 27, 2007
Try resetting the Preferences as detailed in the FAQs.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections