Need help with making a custom color and drawing basic lines.

J
Posted By
JohnAAnderson
Oct 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Photoshop. I am hoping someone can help me here. I run a business selling chrome grille accessory kits for autos. An obvious increase in sales is evident if I can provide before and after pics of our kit on the cars I sell the kits for. Basically here is what I am trying to do….I have enclosed a pic below. You can see the chrome border of the grille and then the black diagonal slats above it. I want to be able to take the color of the chrome border and use it to draw lines in that chrome color onto the diagonal slats. So…
1-How do I make that chrome a custom color?
2-How can I draw a diagonal straight line in that color?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 14, 2003

1) the Eyedropper tool samples a colour from your picture – problem is that the chrome area has lots of reflections and thus contains dozens of colours; the best you can have is an average

2) the line tool is the obvious way
O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 14, 2003
It’s definitely going to require some artistic endeavor…

Unless the picture is such low res that you need to use a one pixel line, Enlarge the area where you’re going to work.
Use the Polygon Lasso Tool to draw where you are putting the grill On a New Layer, Fill the shape with white, Deselect.
On a New Layer, with the Polygon Lasso Tool, Select a section of the area to Fill with a blue-to-white gradient sampled from the photo.
Reduce the opacity of the chrome layer to match photo.
Repeat the last two steps for angles as needed.
At a higher zoom detail, use the Airbrush Tool with some darks and whites (sample from original)to paint smoothing stokes.
Use the Blur Tool (2 px @ 40%) along seam lines to smoothe ‘jaggies’

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections