K
Posted By
Kathy
May 26, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if someone can help me, I have a Presario SR5050nx with onboard video,

Intel GMA 950 (82945g express chipset) with vga port in the back panel and the latest drivers,

and the motherboard has 2 pci and 1 pci express x16 and Vista home.

I decided to install an Nvidia PCI FX5200 video card (vga and dvi) and I would like to have 3

monitors (3 monitors makes things easier for the type of work I do) but once I install the pci card,

it says "Incompatible display adapter has been disabled" and I can only get to use either the

onboard video or go to bios and set it to use the pci as primary and use the pci card (w/2 monitors).

Intel says that it can be done with a pci (no pci express), I don’t know what am I missing. See:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/cs-011796 .htm

Has anyone got the onboard video and pci video card to work?

Thank you for your help.

kathy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Joel
May 26, 2010
"Kathy" wrote:

Has anyone got the onboard video and pci video card to work?

I do, but don’t know to response to your question. You may want to try again, and it’s very important not to give some information of what OS you use. IOW, most people don’t care what card, what port, or either onboard or external graphic card, but what OS you use.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections