Load Actions All At Once Instad Of One By One?

TH
Posted By
Tina_Hayes
Feb 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, long time user here but don’t know the answer to this one.

You know how every now and then Photoshop freaks out and sort of re-sets itself and goes back to the default workspace and all?

Well this happened the other day. I chose my own saved custom workspace after this happened and it reset okay, but my Actions went kaput, so I now have to re-load them all.

I have a LOT of actions.

Is there some way to load all of my actions all at once instead of one by one, one action at a time?

I’m using CS3.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 8, 2009
not sure if this’ll work tina, but try assigning them to (open with) photoshop in windows explorer and double clicking them. you may still have to load them one by one, but it should go quicker than going through ps’s load menu. you might also be able to multi-select them in explorer and say open with. not sure.

the final thing is, once they’re all loaded this time, get them into a single action set and save that out somewhere. copy it to multiple drives for redundancy. then next time you have to reload all your actions, it’ll really only be a single load.

dave
TH
Tina_Hayes
Feb 8, 2009
Thank you Dave! Yeeeeeeeessssss! Assigning them to open with Photoshop within Explorer does indeed work!

Selecting all of them or even a few of them at once does not work, so yes still loading one by one, but MUCH faster and easier than through the Load Action command in the Actions window in Photoshop!

Whew! That was a time saver! Happy, happy! 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 8, 2009
sweet! glad to help! 🙂 now save em all out as an action set so next time it’s only one load operation! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Feb 8, 2009
I think if you selected all the .atn files and dragged them into the work area they would all load at once.
TH
Tina_Hayes
Feb 9, 2009
Ed yes that works too! These are both AWESOME tricks! Because it will happen again. Doesn’t happen very often, but every now and then Photoshop decides to freak out and re-set like that.

I’m guessing both of these tips should also work with brushes,shapes, layer styles and all.

I think they should put those two tips in the next version’s help file and manual.(Okay I know…who RTFM?)
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 9, 2009
I’m guessing both of these tips should also work with brushes,shapes, layer styles and all.

yup. almost anything of the custom stuff that’s loadable via those flyout menus.

who RTFM?

me! 🙂
H
Ho
Feb 9, 2009
Yes, dave ROTE the f(ine) manual!

🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 9, 2009
<groan> 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections