P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m writing a filter, and I would like my plugin to not only affect the "current" document it was called on, but other open documents as well. How can I do it?

Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 17, 2003
I’m writing a filter, and I would like my plugin to not only affect the "current" document it was called on, but other open documents as well. How can I do it?

Thank you.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 17, 2003
I can’t even SPELL programming, but I’ve never seen a filter do that nor can I imagine a situation where you would want it to. Maybe there’s some info in the SDK…
DP
Daryl Pritchard
Sep 17, 2003
It may be possible and hopefully the SDK would have the answers, but if all else fails and I wanted to run the filter on multiple documents, I’d just make an action that includes the filter and save it as a droplet. Drop all the images onto that droplet and BOOM!…there ya’ go. 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 17, 2003
Ya know, I have to retract my comment about not imagining a situation where you would want it. Daryl reminded me. The current paradigm is to automate a single filter on multiple documents through actions and batching. If you want to run that single filter on all open doc’s, you just do as Daryl says. So fundamentally, from a workflow standpoint, that funtionality already exists in PS, so why create it?
P
Phosphor
Sep 17, 2003
Filters only affect the current layer of the current document. They can’t do anything else.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections