Posted By
co.alex
Dec 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everybody,
I am using a G5 Quad, OS version 10.4.8. with Photoshop CS2.

I am searching for a plugin that eliminates white in a linework drawing against white. The goal is to remove the white pixels from the layer my linework is on. This regarding to scaned drawings in black lines on white background.
I found this photoshop filter: Eliminate White (www.edesign.com/filters). It is suposed to do just that, but when placing the plug-in in the plug-in folder in photoshop CS2, at start-up it tells me that this plug-in is not working – it could’t be installed.
I supose it is because this plug-in is too old for the operating system and for CS2. But if someone is using it on on CS2 on OS X .4 I would like to know.

So now I am looking for another one to replace it – can anyone tell me where can I find it ? (so I can separate my linework from the white pixels around it that would become transparent)

Thanks for any help regarding this metter
Alex

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Carl_Stawicki
Dec 12, 2006
Set the linework layer’s blending mode to multiply.
B
Bernie
Dec 12, 2006
Or use the (inverted) line art as a layer mask for a fill layer
B
Buko
Dec 12, 2006
here is a plugin.

<http://bergdesign.com/plugins/>
P
paradoxmoon
Dec 12, 2006
Select All, Copy. Go into Quickmask and Paste. Come out of QM, make a new layer and Fill with black. There’s your lines w/ transparency.

You may have to invert the selection before filling, depending on your settings.
P
PECourtejoie
Dec 12, 2006
Another one: use the blend if sliders, in the advanced blending options.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections