K
Posted By
KatWoman
Jan 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is this NG meant as a hardware/software discussion ONLY on tech issues like operational function

If so is there another Adobe Forum for technique and how-to questions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jeffc
Jan 3, 2009
Hello KatWoman

From the label ‘adobe.photoshop.windows’ I took it that any issue involving the use of photoshop on windows is relevant. Pensions and get rich quick scams aren’t relevant. There are always grey areas: for example, is a printer problem a Photoshop issue or a windows one? Does it matter if somebody’s being frustrated when trying to do something in Photoshop and needs advice which somebody else is willing to offer? Aren’t these unmoderated groups whatever their users make of them?

Regards

Jacques
K
KatWoman
Jan 4, 2009
Aren’t these
unmoderated groups whatever their users make of them?
yes but often the group of regulars has certain preferences top post?
reply with post?
posts in correct group?
J
JD
Jan 5, 2009
KatWoman wrote:
Aren’t these
reply with post?
posts in correct group?

Hi KatWoman..

JD here, from comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

I post here using a newsreader, SeaMonkey mail. I think that is how you post here, maybe not SeaMonkey but using a newsreader application.

I believe most are posting here from a web browser interface?:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf2764/

I’m not sure if our posts and/or replies are showing up there? I took a quick look online and I couldn’t find this post there. Seems one has to register to use the adobe forums web interface?

That would also explain why most the replies here don’t have the threads. The web interface is completely different.

JD..
K
KatWoman
Jan 5, 2009
"JD" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
Aren’t these
reply with post?
posts in correct group?

Hi KatWoman..

I post here using a newsreader, SeaMonkey mail. I think that is how you post here, maybe not SeaMonkey but using a newsreader application.

I’m not sure if our posts and/or replies are showing up there? I took a quick look online and I couldn’t find this post there. Seems one has to register to use the adobe forums web interface?

That would also explain why most the replies here don’t have the threads. The web interface is completely different.

JD..

thanks JD yes I am on a newsreader
maybe I will try the web interface
now that I dumped the other PS groups
J
JD
Jan 5, 2009
KatWoman wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
Aren’t these
reply with post?
posts in correct group?
Hi KatWoman..

JD..

thanks JD yes I am on a newsreader
maybe I will try the web interface
now that I dumped the other PS groups

If you try the web interface I think you’ll find that this thread isn’t there. At least I couldn’t find it. Besides
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop, what other photoshop newsgroups are out there?

JD..
K
KatWoman
Jan 6, 2009
Besides
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop, what other photoshop newsgroups are out there?

JD..
alt.graphics.photoshop

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections