T
Posted By
Thebigonion
Dec 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody know ‘how to’ or where I can find a tutorial on morphing faces.

I want to put a face on an animal. I’ve seen pics where a face was morphed onto an animal, but the face retained the texture and colour of the animal’s fur or feathers. I can’t seem to make a decent go of it.

Any ideas?

Norm!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Thebigonion
Dec 18, 2005
Thanks for the response, but what I’m looking for looks much more realistic than this.

Norm!!

In article <7fhpf.7614$>, dave
wrote:

Here’s something I did with photoshop – only tried this once before about a year ago, so I’m no pro to put it mildly.
Just put a layer of the woman over the cat layer. I had to resize and reproportion the cat a little as well as some color
and brightness adjustment but it’s not too bad, (well in my biased opinion). Took me about 90 min.

"Norm!!" wrote in message
I want to put a face on an animal. I’ve seen pics where a face was morphed onto an animal, but the face retained the texture and colour of the animal’s fur or feathers. I can’t seem to make a decent go of it.
Any ideas?

Norm!!

begin 666 Cat & Woman Morph 01.jpg

K
KatWoman
Dec 18, 2005
Thanks for the response, but what I’m looking for looks much more realistic than this.

Norm!!

wrote:

Here’s something I did with photoshop – only tried this once before about a
year ago, so I’m no pro to put it mildly.
Just put a layer of the woman over the cat layer. I had to resize and reproportion the cat a little as well as some color
and brightness adjustment but it’s not too bad, (well in my biased opinion).
Took me about 90 min.

Any ideas?

Norm!!

displacement map is needed to get the contouring
try different blending modes and opacity
T
Thebigonion
Dec 18, 2005
In article <iOipf.10858$>, KatWoman
wrote:

Norm!!

wrote:

Took me about 90 min.

Any ideas?

Norm!!

That sounds like the tip I’m looking for. Now to learn about displacement maps… off I go.

Thanks for the pointer.

Norm!!
D
Dave
Dec 19, 2005
Any tip’s on how I can learn about displacement maps ? I’m very new to trying the morphing thing, but it’s pretty cool.
I’m also the one who posted about the disappearing painting cursor.

"KatWoman" wrote in message

Norm!!

wrote:

Took me about 90 min.

I want to put a face on an animal. I’ve seen pics where a face was morphed onto an animal, but the face retained the texture and colour of
the animal’s fur or feathers. I can’t seem to make a decent go of it.
Any ideas?

Norm!!

N
noone
Dec 20, 2005
In article <4%ppf.6832$>, dave268
@mindspring.com says…
Any tip’s on how I can learn about displacement maps ? I’m very new to trying the morphing thing, but it’s pretty cool.

[SNIP]

First, sorry about the cursor thing. I’ve asked for it in the Adobe PS forums>Requests/Suggestions, for a half-dozen years, so they know how much we PC-folk would like it. Someone will come up with cure, some day.

As for Displacement Maps, NAPP did a nice article a few months back on some of their uses/implementations. Might want to go to their site: www.napp.com and do a Search for Displacement Maps. Their examples were for adding signage to textured surfaces, but the basics are all there. If I can find the issue with the article, I’ll post more details.

Hunt
D
Dave
Dec 21, 2005
Thanks for the tip. I found a site that told how to use displacement maps to change text to the texture of a rock.
Which by the way worked OK but I already knew how to actually create a selection area from text and use that to copy
from any image and have text directly made from the image. This looks better, is easier and much more flexible.

I tried the use the recommended technique of useing a cats head and face as a displacement map to hopefully warp a womans face to that of the cats, but it only turned the womans face into a jagged mess. By the way, the images were exactly the same
size and the alignment of faces was exact. So I have no clue what is going on with displacement maps.

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <4%ppf.6832$>, dave268
@mindspring.com says…

[SNIP]

First, sorry about the cursor thing. I’ve asked for it in the Adobe PS forums>Requests/Suggestions, for a half-dozen years, so they know how much we
PC-folk would like it. Someone will come up with cure, some day.
As for Displacement Maps, NAPP did a nice article a few months back on some of
their uses/implementations. Might want to go to their site: www.napp.com and
do a Search for Displacement Maps. Their examples were for adding signage to
textured surfaces, but the basics are all there. If I can find the issue with
the article, I’ll post more details.

Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections