DW
Posted By
David_W_Johnson
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received a spot color (or atleast I think it is) file from a place where we are getting fabric made in china. It 24"x24" 305DPI image. The problem is on the layers area it shows blank white. In the channels it shows layers with certain colors somehow attached to them. If I turn all of them on it shows the correct image but still has a blank white layer. I cannot copy, or print this image, it always shows it as white no matter what I do. Does anyone know how I can convert this to another format or somehow save a flattened image to print? Here is a sample photo:

<http://www.5thdaymedia.com/sample/sample.jpg>

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Dec 18, 2008
Multichannel… You simply could kill Channel 1 and convert to RGB. This should give a printable preview, though the colors will most likely go out of whack, same as when you do CMYK without proper profiles…

Mylenium
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Dec 18, 2008
A goofy way to copy the image would be to take several print screens and re-assemble the screenshot tiles in Photoshop.
JM
J_Maloney
Dec 18, 2008
Make a LAB document. Use solid color fills and if you can’t determine the spot to assign them, assign the LAB value of the chinese character spots (box, box). Then copy the spot channel pixels from the original into the new doc solid fill mask. Invert the mask. Do that with all the colors and make them multiply. You’ll need to add gain to the masks to make it match what you have on screen, then flatten and convert to RGB/CMYK. Maybe someone can speak to the on-screen gain, and which space it would be best to do this ion, or of course, a better way….

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1tJnUdUDzum3ctqFc5 onPzLAjC7e>
KG
Kathy Guo
Dec 29, 2008
David

Did you solve your problem? If you are still looking for help, would you mind send me a problem image for investigation? You could find my email at my profile.

Thanks
Kathy
JT
John_T_Smith
Dec 29, 2008
send me a problem image

What about the link in the original message?

<http://www.5thdaymedia.com/sample/sample.jpg>
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 29, 2008
That won’t have the layers and channels will it?
P
PECourtejoie
Dec 29, 2008
I guess that somehow, the spot color names did not translate from the chinese version to the english one.

David, do not miss the opportunity to have an Adobe Engineer help you!
QP
Q_Photo
Dec 29, 2008
Strange that people come here for help and then we never hear from them again. Q

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections