RN
Posted By
rayn_nauman
Dec 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The only thing that is lacking from photoshop is the ability to easily determine exactly how many pixels apart things are. For instance, I have some guides placed and I want to drag another guy exactly 10px below the current one. Thing is, i have no idea what pixel that first guide is at. I can’t double click it to get that info, I can’t set the information bar in the bottom left of the image window to a coordinate system like gimp. I do a lot of web development and this is a very important feature to me. Is there something that I am missing? I know I can go to view->new guide but I don’t feel like guessing 30 times as to which point an image i have happens to fall, and then add the 10 pixels down from there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
Jim_Jordan
Dec 11, 2008
I’m sure there are plenty of other ways to do this but here is one.

Go to the info pallete/panel, select the flyout menu and edit the options. Set mouse coordinates to ‘pixels’.

With the marquee tool, drag out a selection between point A and B. The info palette will display the width and height of the selection in pixels. If you need a guide, just drag/drop it over the edge of the selection.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 11, 2008
It’s enough to just double-click the ruler and select pixels as units; then watch the Info Panel as Jim says.

Switch back to your regular units the same way.
RN
rayn_nauman
Dec 11, 2008
Thank you both, i didn’t realize the info window had this as i never open it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections