EW
Posted By
Elise_Wormuth
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m doing an online course at lynda.com on Photoshop CS4, and in one part they ask you to get into Adobe Gamma to do color calibration. I can’t find it . . . ?? If I go into the control panel, there’s no folder for Adobe Gamma. My son suggested looking at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Control Panels\, but when I get to Common Files, there’s no folder in there called Control Panels.

I’m running Windows XP on an HP Pavilion Media Center computer. Any ideas?? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 26, 2008
Adobe Gamma was discontinued with CS3. So unless you have CS2 still installed you’re out of luck.

Are you sure that’s a CS4 tutorial? They don’t usually make mistakes like that!
EW
Elise_Wormuth
Nov 26, 2008
Yes, it was — and I’m surprised that something lynda.com put out would be that far off — they’re usually pretty good. Oh well, have to find another way to do color calibration. I suppose the only way is to buy one of those devices . . .
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 26, 2008
There are other software solutions to try before you fork out the cash.

Like <http://quickgamma.de/indexen.html>
F
Freeagent
Nov 26, 2008
$ Spyder2express = $ new hard drive
P
Phosphor
Nov 26, 2008
What’s the link to the tutorial at Lynda.com?
EW
Elise_Wormuth
Nov 29, 2008
<http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modpage.asp?ID=648>

Photoshop CS4 for photographers. If you haven’t used lynda.com, it’s a terrific resource that you can sign up for a month at a time, for $25.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections