PP
Posted By
paris_photo
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a selection or a layer of which I want to tweak the color. I use my color sampler to read the RGB values from my "source". How can I apply those values to my selection/layer ? If I use a color fill, I lose all detail in my original.
As always, thanks.
Ira

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Oct 13, 2008
I’m not sure what you are getting at. If you’re really just interested in getting the color of a given set of pixels to equal another, then use the Match Color function from the Adjustments menu. For proper color correction, use all other tools and persistent color samplers (Alt+Eyedropper tool to place them, info palette to show their values). Understand, that exactly matching a color technically must not necessarily provide a good-looking image, so the obvious solution is not the most advisable one.

Mylenium
PP
paris_photo
Oct 13, 2008
Here’s an example.
I photograph a piece of painted wood straight on.
I then photograph it at a 45% angle.
I want the color of the wood to match, but not lose any texture or detail. I can use my color sampler to read the RGB values of the straight on shot. How can I use those values to tweak the RGB numbers in the angled shot? If I add a color overlay of those numbers, its a solid fill and I lose the detail below. Lowering the opacity of the overlay lets too much "under color" show through. Is there a way to read the RGB values and adjust them "on the fly"?
GA
George_Austin
Oct 13, 2008
"…If I add a color overlay of those numbers, its a solid fill and I lose the detail below…"

To preserve the overlay color but the underlying luminous detail, put the overlay in "Color" blend mode

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections